Our NPQLPM offers you a tailored programme of professional learning for the following:
- Colleagues who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibility for leading maths across a primary key-stage or school.
- Teachers familiar with mastery approaches to teaching primary maths, who want to improve leadership skills in this area.
- Subject leaders in a school already engaged in the primary Teaching for Mastery programme or a similar programme.
Who is eligible for this programme?
Before applying for this NPQ, you should have a secure understanding of mastery approaches to teaching maths from the Teaching for Mastery programme, or an equivalent programme. This can be confirmed by your headteacher after registration with the DfE.
The programme will support you and your setting as follows:
- Create professionally confident leaders who can build capacity in other teachers.
- Grow the next generation of primary maths leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their settings and children.
- Retain the best teaching and pastoral professionals who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can develop strong whole school cultures of primary maths no matter the current circumstances of the setting they are working in.
In order to complete NPQLPM, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQLPM, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study and which exemplifies the DfE standard for teachers’ professional development.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- Local cohort groups to reduce travel time.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
February 2023 – January 2024 (12 months)
October 2023 – September 2024 (12 months)
Face-to-face sessions will be held mainly in Barnsley, Doncaster, Selby or Wakefield.
Programme Route Map coming soon