Our NPQEYL offers a tailored programme of professional learning for the following colleagues:
- Leaders qualified to at least Level 3 with full and relevant qualification who are, or are aspiring to be, managers of Private, Voluntary and Independent nurseries.
- Headteachers, or aspiring headteachers, of school-based or maintained nurseries.
- Childminders who have, or aspire to have, leadership responsibilities.
The programme will support you and your setting as follows:
- Create professionally confident early years teachers, practitioners and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of Early Years leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence base for the benefit of their children and families.
- Retain the best early years professionals who are excellent, collaborative role models for their nurseries and communities.
- Inspire early years leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for all children no matter the current circumstances.
In order to complete NPQEYL, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQEYL, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study and which exemplifies the DfE standard for teachers’ professional development.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- Local cohort groups to reduce travel time.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
February 2023 – July 2024 (18 months)
October 2023 – March 2025 (18 months)
Face-to-face sessions will be held mainly in Barnsley, Doncaster, Selby and Wakefield.