A fast track is the process by which a term or terms of an ECTs induction can be skipped to allow them to complete their induction early (this must be in agreement with the ECT). We request that you read the details below carefully and if you feel an ECT is eligible please fill in the Microsoft form at the bottom. The Appropriate Body will then review all fast-track requests and contact each school with the outcome and next steps.
Year one ECTs may be eligible for fast track if:
- They gained QTS through the assessment only route and have extensive experience as an unqualified teacher.
- If they were registered with the Appropriate Body late but have been actively engaged in the ECF and are leaving your school. If an ECT meets this criterion but is staying in your school, they would fast track at the end of year two.
Year two ECTs may be eligible for fast track if:
- They have a part-time contract, but their next assessment will be at the end of their second academic year of induction in school.
- They were registered late with the Appropriate Body and have been actively engaged in the ECF and their next assessment will be the end of two academic years.
- They were registered late with the Appropriate Body, have been actively engaged in the ECF and are leaving your school before completing the full two years’ induction.
- They have an extension in place but are meeting the Teachers’ Standards and do not need the extension.
- They have an extension due to reaching the 30 days of absence but are meeting the Teachers’ Standards and do not need the extension.
There is a box on the form to complete if you feel your ECT should be eligible for a fast track that is not covered in the reasons above.
It is important to note that completing this form is a request for fast tracking. Confirmation and next steps will be communicated with all parties later. This is not a guarantee of fast track being granted.
If you have any questions relating to this, we would ask that these are logged as a helpdesk ticket on ECT Manager or contact us at:
☎️0345 145 0075