The Early Career Framework (ECF)
A framework of standards to help early career teachers succeed at the start of their careers.
Thinking about becoming a facilitator with Exchange Teaching Hub and the UCL Centre of Educational Leadership?
- Are you passionate about developing teachers to be the best they can be?
- Do you have a drive that is infectious?
- Do you want to have a lasting impact on pupils, teachers and leaders?
- If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Exchange Teaching Hub, in partnership with the UCL Centre for Educational Leadership and IOE, UCL’s Faculty of Education and Society – the world’s leading school of education – is recruiting facilitators to support the delivery of its Early Career Framework (ECF) programme.
Become a facilitator
We are currently looking to recruit expert and experienced facilitators to deliver the Early Career Framework programme from January 2024.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers, middle leaders, senior leaders and ITT/ECF mentors who understand the Early Career Framework and its intention to support Early Career Teacher development.
Recruitment will be ongoing throughout the year, however the deadline for applications for facilitators to deliver the Early Career Framework programme from February 2024, is Wednesday 10th January 2024.
If you would like to become an ECF facilitator, please complete the Expression of Interest form, which can be downloaded below:
Skills and experience
For further information please download the job description below.
Time commitment and start date
We expect to need lead facilitators for about 8.5 days a year (this includes planning time), working with both ECTs and mentors, and including time spent training for the facilitator role itself. A typical face-to-face session lasts two hours, online session last one hour and sessions are spread across the school year.
All materials for the sessions are supplied by UCL, therefore there will not be excessive preparation involved.
All ECF facilitators wanting to join the team for 2024, will need to be available for a planning, induction and assessment day on Wednesday 31st January 2024.
What CPD benefits are there to becoming an ECF facilitator?
- An understanding of excellent practice in leading adult learning.
- An understanding of how evidence-based practice can be used to develop ECT professional development.
- An in-depth understanding of the new statutory requirements for the registration, induction, mentoring and assessment requirements, as regulated and quality assured by the new Appropriate Bodies for ECF.
Thank you again for your interest in becoming a facilitator for Exchange Teaching Hub.