UCL ECF Full Induction Programme: Year 1
In Year 1, our ECTs build and apply their knowledge with our first five modules. Each module consists of self-study, mentor meetings, training sessions and online learning community sessions. Because we recognise that our ECTs bring a wealth of knowledge from ITE, we have provided an audit at the start of every module to help them personalise their route.
Module 1: Enable pupil learning
Establish an effective learning environment and manage behaviour. Understand pupils as learners.
Module 2: Engage pupil learning
Appreciate the importance of prior knowledge, memory, and literacy. Expand your curriculum knowledge and subject expertise.
Module 3: Develop quality pedagogy
Plan more effective lessons. Learn how to address the needs of all pupils.
Module 4: Make productive use of assessment
Investigate the application of assessment. Learn how to give high quality feedback.
Module 5: Fulfil professional responsibilities
Explore and apply skills in working with others.
Programme Delivery Model:
Our programme is flexibly delivered via a hybrid model of online webinars, face to face events and self-study. The programme includes:
- Annual induction conference for year 1 and year 2 ECT’s to engage with the ECF content and initiate motivation and learning networks.
- Hybrid delivery of regional training sessions and online learning community (OLC) sessions.
- Delivery groups clustered by geographical area, phase and school context.
- Nine modules based on the Teachers’ Standards and drawing on a wide evidence base.
- ECTs receive two years of mentor support and challenge.