Our Early Headship Coaching Offer is a tailored programme of professional learning for the following:
- School leaders who are headteachers, principals or heads of school with responsibility for leading a school and participating in the NPQH programme.
- Head teachers or principals in the first five years of headship who have completed NPQH before their first headship role.
The programme will support you and your setting as follows:
Drawing on the expertise of UCL Institute of Education and proven leaders within the hub communities, our Early Headship Coaching Offer involves a supportive, non-assessed programme which is:
- Knowledge and evidence based.
- Drawn from expert theory and current practice.
- Solution focused.
- Learning embedded in practice, not an additional burden.
- Focussed on leader well-being and practice.
The Early Headship Coaching Offer is not assessed but is designed to support new head teachers and principals with the early challenges of the role.
In order to take part in the Early Headship Coaching Offer, you will be required to:
- Attend 6 x 90-minute small group coaching sessions.
To support you in the Early Headship Coaching Offer, our support to you includes as standard:
- An online programme run centrally by UCL Institute of Education.
- A supportive peer network.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
Dates, times and locations of training session
Six 90-minute non-assessed online facilitated peer coaching sessions, designed to support participants with the common challenges of early headship.
February 2023 – January 2024 (12 months)
October 2023 – September 2024 (12 months)