Our NPQEL offers a tailored programme of professional learning for the following colleagues:
- School leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or have a school trust CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools.
The programme will support you and your setting as follows:
- Create professionally confident leaders who can lead at scale.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence base for the benefit of children, young people and wider communities.
- Retain and develop the best teachers and leaders who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for children and young people no matter the current circumstances
In order to complete NPQEL, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQEL, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- A national cohort to enable the education system’s most senior colleagues to learn with and from each other, led centrally by UCL Centre for Educational Leadership.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
February 2023 – July 2024 (18 months)
October 2023 – March 2025 (18 months)
Face-to-face sessions will be held at venues throughout the UK.
Please note this NPQ is delivered nationally via UCL and sessions are not hosted at The Education Exchange.