Our NPQH offers a tailored programme of professional learning for the following colleagues:
- School leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- Those in their first two years of headship without an NPQH are also encouraged to apply.
The programme will support you and your setting as follows:
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. Our programmes have been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
In order to complete NPQH, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQH, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- Local groups with reduced travel time.
The Early Headship Coaching Offer is an optional extra to the NPQH, run centrally by UCL.
The Early Headship Coaching Offer is a non-assessed, supportive peer network for head teachers and principals in the first five years of their role. Find out more here.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
February 2023 – July 2024 (18 months)
October 2023 – March 2025 (18 months)
Face-to-face sessions will be held at venues in Selby, Wakefield, Barnsley and Doncaster